Friday, February 24, 2012

Dark Chocolate: Its Many Health Benefits

Mark Sisson discusses the many health benefits of delicious, dark, high-cacao chocolate.
Yes, I know, I know. That title isn't exactly comforting. I hate giving you guys bad news, seeing as how you make this website possible, and I hate making unpopular recommendations like "eat more butter" or "get some sun" or "drink a glass of red wine," but I have to stick to the truth here, even if it hurts. And the truth is that you should probably be eating dark chocolate on a semi-regular basis because the stuff is pretty dang good for you. Before you log out, never to return again, give me a minute to explain myself:

You were kids once. Your parents probably forced you to finish your overcooked, mushy, bland veggies or wash your hands and finish your homework – or some other routine unpleasantry – "for your own good," and that's what I'm doing here. Dark chocolate is healthy. It may be awful, terrible, and disgusting, but it contains some really good things that have some remarkable effects on various markers of health. So, yeah, eat your chocolate. Finish your raw cacao powder. Choke down that homemade hot chocolate. Hold your noses if you have to, but get it down and done. Read more

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is great,
good thing i started eating dark chocolate again (:

ps your blog is very handy!

feel free to check out http://www.becauseicancindymarie.blogspot.com/

have a good day

xx