Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Diabetes Measure That Make a Difference

Although type 2 diabetes is on the increase, experts say it’s never too late to lower your risk..
When actress Halle Berry shimmies down the red carpet, she always looks the picture of health. Yet, former Bond girl Halle, 44, suffers from type 2 diabetes – an illness the onset of which is often associated with obesity and ageing.

“I fell ill – dramatically,” Halle has explained. “I felt I needed energy but I didn’t really know what was wrong. One day, I simply passed out, and I didn’t wake up for seven days.” She was just 23 years old.

Type 2 diabetes occurs when the amount of glucose in the blood is too high as the body cannot use it properly. This is because the pancreas is not producing enough insulin to help glucose enter the body’s cells, or the insulin that is being produced does not work properly (this is known as insulin resistance). Read more

No comments: